EBA – 01 29 9 786 866
BMW Installation Instructions
For all vehicles with three-point belts
Installation time is approx. 5 minutes.
For workshop installation, these instructions are to be given to the customer.
Instructions and illustrations are given for left-hand drive models. For right-hand drive models, work stages should be carried out in mirror-image fashion.
Using the child seat on the passenger seat
For vehicles fitted with passenger-side air bags, the use of a child seat on the passenger seat is not permitted.
It should be ensured that:
- all assembly and operating instructions are followed closely
- belts (vehicle and child seat) are not twisted
- the child seat, when in use in the rear passenger compartment, is not jammed between front and rear seats
- no objects are placed on the rear window shelf (danger of injury in the event of an accident or heavy braking)
- the child seat is secured with a three-point belt assembly only
- belts are replaced following an accident or extreme stress.
- Recommended applications
- Installing the baby safety seat
- Positioning the child seat belt assembly
- Adjusting the shoulder belt (child seat)
- Making angular adjustment to the child seat
- General use
- Maintenance instructions
1. Recommended applications
|Group 0||Facing rear of vehicle on|
|from birth to||front passenger seat with||Yes||Recommended|
|to approx. 9 months||three-point belt|
|Group 0||Facing rear of vehicle|
|from birth to||on right/left of rear||Yes||Recommended|
|to approx. 9 months||passenger compartment with three-point belt|
As a carrier outside the vehicle
2 . Installing the baby safety seat
The baby safety seat is secured with the vehicle seat belt. It always faces the rear of the vehicle and can be used on the passenger seat and on either side of the rear passenger compartment.
F 36 82 113
Pass the lap belt (1) through the guiding channels (2) of the frame and snap the belt clip into place in the belt catch. Pull the shoulder belt (3) forward and position it in the guiding brackets (4) at the rear of the safety seat. Make sure that the belts are taut.
3. Positioning the child seat belt assembly
F 36 82 114
Press the button (2) to release the safety seat belt catch (1) and pull back the shoulder belts (3).
F 36 82 115
Place your baby in the safety seat. Bring together the two shoulder belt clips (1) and snap into place in the safety catch (2).
4. Adjusting the shoulder belt (child seat)
F 36 82 116
To adjust the tautness of the shoulder belts, press down the sliding lever as shown in the illustration. Release the lever after belt adjustment.
The shoulder belts should be neither too taut nor too loose. There should be enough room to slide a hand comfortably between baby and belt.
5. Making angular adjustment to the child seat
F 36 82 117
By lifting up lever (1), angular adjustment can be made to the “Happy car”, even during a journey.
6. General use
6.1 Use as a cot
F 36 82 118
If you want to use the “Happy car” as a cot, press button (1), remove rod (2) and snap into place in hole (3).
The rod must always be in its original position for use in the vehicle.
6.2 Use as a carrier
F 36 82 119
The “Happy car” can be used as a carrier by one person using the flexible carrying straps attached to the side of the seat.
F 36 82 120
The “Happy car” can also be carried by two people using the same carrying straps.
7. Maintenance instructions
The safety seat can be cleaned using a damp cloth and a mild household cleaning agent if required. The fabric seat cover can be removed and washed according to the instructions sewn onto the cover.